So, you’d like to be interviewed for Stormscroll? That’s GREAT and so easy to do! Simply ‘cut and paste’ the questions below (they’re standardised for continuity) and email them back to the Chronicler (stormscroll at gmail dot com with the subject: Stormscroll Interview), then sit back and wait. Don’t worry, you’ll be notified which edition your interview will be in!
There are 20 questions, please complete all of them, but you don’t need to write a novel for each answer, if you have a device it will be included with your interview, so please do include your registered name when completing the questions, not just how you may be known to everyone, ie: Robert the Bruce, not just Bob.
If you’re interested in contributing for the martial section (heavy, rapier or archery), the questions are listed below as well.
Persona Interview Questions:
- How long have you been involved with the Barony?
- Are you, or have you ever been, part of a household?
- What do you enjoy most about the Society?
- What would you really like to try, but haven’t done so yet?
- What is your full name and where do you come from (your persona!)?
- Do you have a device, if so, does it have a meaning?
- Funniest moment you’ve seen/been a part of:
- What inspires you?
- Which is your favourite event to date?
- Who was the first person you met in the SCA? Are you still in touch with them now?
- Have you been to any other Kingdoms?
- Where’s the furthest you’ve travelled in Lochac?
- How long have you been in the SCA?
- Do you have a device? What is its blazon?
- Do you know any funny SCA jokes?
- Do you have any plans or ambitions within the SCA? (Royalty/Peer?)
- Best memory from an event?
- Have you been to Pennsic?
- What does the SCA mean to you?
- Do you have a ‘No *joke*, there I was….’ Story?
Martial Interview Questions:
- How long have you been a <heavy fighter/fencer/archer> for?
- How much training is invloved in becoming a <heavy fighter/fencer/archer>?
- Are there any ‘warm-up’ exercises that you’d recommend?
- What’re your equipment recommendations for new <heavy fighters/fencers/archers>?
- What words of wisdom do you have for new <heavy fighters/fencers/archers>?